A microfibre mop is one of the most suitable tools for residential cleaning. It allows you to clean the floors without wasting much time and energy.
Plus, such mops are versatile. You can use it dry or wet as per the requirements. Add water, and the mop will deal with up to 99 percent of bacteria from your house floors.
If you are unsure about how to use a microfibre mop, you are on the right page. Here, we will cover everything that you should know before using the mop for the first time.
Things to Know
Let’s discuss some of the basics so that you can enjoy the microfibre mop. First, it doesn’t need a significant amount of water to cover all the floors.
Its pad can clean all the hard surfaces in a damp state, including concrete, linoleum, tiles, hardwood floors, etc.
The Good news is, you don’t have to carry a bucket filled with water while using a microfibre pad. Plus, there is no need to invest in chemical-based cleaning agents.
Some of the microfibre mops need a minor assembly, which is generally straightforward. Most of the models include a booklet with all this information.
You can use a microfibre mop in three different patterns. Let’s discuss them one by one.
Dry Dust Mopping
A microfibre mop can wipe out all the dust without any helping hand, not even water.
And it’s the primary reason why such mops are popular among users who owns a house with hardwood floors. Make sure that you are using a multipurpose pad that supports dry dust mopping.
- Assemble the mop if required and attach its mop. Try to use a multipurpose or dusting pad because it can hold more dirt and dust inside.
- Move the mop back and forth to cover the floors. You can push and then pull it gently to sweep all the dust particles and pet hair.
- Throw all the wastage inside your dustbin and clean the pad using water. You can use a machine if the mop is compatible with it.
Give some water to a microfibre mop, and you will see how effectively it can clean all the hard floors.
Moreover, the mop will remove up to 99 per cent of dust and bacteria without using any harsh chemical. Apart from mopping, you can also use it to polish the hardwood floors.
- Attach the microfibre pad with its handle. The pad should be damp. So, soak it inside water. You can also use detergent or any other organic cleaner if required.
- Grip the mop’s handle and gently move it back and forth. Add more water if required. Move the mop all around your floor until it covers all the areas.
- Once you finish the process, wash the mop in hot water. You can also wash it inside the machine. But, do not clean it with your daily clothes.
- Air-dry the pad and store it in a cool and moisture-free place.
While choosing a microfiber mop, you can take a look at the steam cleaners. Steam mops are efficient and work without any detergent or chemical-based cleaning agents. Such a cleaning tool needs only water to wipe your house floors.
Steam mops are comparatively expensive than microfiber variants because the former comes with a lot of added benefits. These mops are not only easy to use but they are fast and efficient as well.
All you need to do is fill the mops’ tank with water, power it on and start cleaning. Apart from dust, it will get rid of all the bacteria to keep your kids and pets safe.
- Read the guidelines that came with the steam mop.
- Add the required amount of water to the steam mop’s tank.
- Attach the cleaning pad.
- Power on the device. Don’t forget to plug it into an electrical outlet.
- Start cleaning the floor. You can add more steam by pushing a button on the mop’s handle. The steam settings depend upon the make and model of your steam mop.
- Once you are done with the cleaning session, wash the wiping pad using hot water. You can also machine wash the pad if it’s compatible.
- Let the pad dry, and then store it in a dry place.
Microfibre Mopping Tips
- Use a mopping pad according to your usage. For instance, try to attach dry pads when you want to use them without water.
- Most of the microfiber mops come with a swivelling head. So, use this function instead of twisting its handle in the wrong direction.
- You can adjust the height of the microfibre mop as per yours. Don’t forget to enjoy this feature.
- Please read the instructions manual before using a microfibre mop or cleaning it.
We hope now you know how to use microfibre mop. As we discussed, it’s a versatile cleaning tool that’s helpful for dry and wet mopping.
Plus, there are steam mops that offers better hygiene and convenient usage. Follow the tips given above to enjoy the best cleaning results.