Best Dyson Cordless Vacuum UK – Reviews 2021
Are you looking for an ideal Dyson cordless vacuum for successful home maintenance?
We are here to help. This guide examines different Dyson cordless hoovers in the UK to help you to make the right choice.
Our qualified experts analyzed all the Dyson cord-free models and came up with the best products that you can put your money on.
Dyson Cordless Hoover Comparison 2021
|Dyson Cordless Vacuum||Type||Weight||Run Time||Price|
|Dyson V10 Absolute||Stick||2.67 Kg||60 minutes|
|Dyson V10 Animal||Stick||2.66 Kg||60 minutes|
|Dyson V11 Absolute||Stick||5 Kg||60 minutes|
|Dyson V11 Animal||Stick||3.03 Kg||60 minutes|
|Dyson V8 Absolute||Stick||2.61 Kg||40 minutes|
|Dyson V8 Animal||Stick||2 Kg||40 minutes|
|Dyson V7 Motorhead||Stick||2.3 Kg||-|
|Dyson V6 Cordless||Stick||2.04 Kg||20 minutes|
|Dyson V7 Trigger||Handheld||2.7 Kg||-|
|Dyson V6 Trigger||Handheld||18.1 g||20 minutes|
Here are the top-rated Dyson cordless vacuum reviews 2021.
Dyson V10 – Best Dyson Cordless Overall
The Dyson V10 remains one of the best products from Dyson, the world’s leading manufacturer of household cleaning devices.
It is one of the products in the V-series line with other products like the Dyson V6, V7, V8 and V11.
What We Like
What We Don’t Like
What Dyson V10 Model is The Best?
The Dyson V10 comes in 3 models – Dyson V10 Absolute, V10 Animal and V10 Motorhead. We reviewed the three models so that you will be able to discover the perfect one that will meet your expectations.
Dyson V11 Torque Drive – Smart Cordless Hoover
The Dyson V11 Torque Drive came on board in March 2019 with rich features that will certainly turn home cleaning into fun.
It is the most advanced Dyson hoover ever built by the company with a suction power of up to 185 AW and a running time of up to 60 minutes.
What We Like
What We Don’t Like
What Dyson V11 Model is The Best?
The two major models of Dyson V11 are the Torque Drive and V11 Animal. The two models are similar in terms of functionality, suction and performance but when it comes to accessories and features, the Torque Drive stands out.
Dyson V10 Vs Dyson V11 Torque Drive
These Dyson cordless stick vacuums are components of Dyson’s V series. They make use of a brush roll with a heterogeneous surface energized with the aid of a powerful digital motor with a maximum spinning capacity of 125,000 rpm. They are perfectly designed with powerful suction and elongated battery life. That is why these two models of Dyson cordless hoover remain the best in the market.
The Dyson V10 has various versions including Absolute, Animal and Motorhead. On the other hand, the Dyson has two versions – V11 Torque Drive and V11 Animal. The Dyson V11 and V10 have a congruent design with an allied dust bin, stretching wand, HEPA filter, digital motor, accessories, etc.
Also, the two vacuums under review make use of Dyson’s Trigger switch which only works when pressed down. The manufacturer did this so that the battery life of these machines will be preserved and extended.
They are vacuums with the possibility of using them as a cordless handheld vacuum as well as a cordless stick vacuum. Also, the V10 and V11 make use of a quick-release system which has been used for all V-series products since the Dyson V7 was launched.
However, there are improvements to Dyson V11 and that is why it has the edge over the V10. At the rear of the V11 is a digital screen with an intelligent suction mode which increases and decreases suction based on the type of surface being cleaned. However, there are little differences between the V11 Torque Drive and V11 Animal.
Dyson V8 -Powerful Stick Vacuum
The Dyson Cordless V8 has been popular for years as a powerful cord-free vacuum that can be trusted. It has all the features of the Dyson ball line-up with a price that is not outrageous.
What We Like
What We Don’t Like
Two Variant of Dyson V8
The two major variants of the Dyson V8 is V8 Absolute and V8 Animal. The two sub-models have a similar motor as well as bin, hence, their performance is almost the same. They both have a HEPA filter meaning that 99.9% of allergens will be kept in the bin.
The HEPA filter is washable and that is why you don’t have to worry about buying any extra filter throughout the lifetime of the vacuum. However, the V8 Absolute is more expensive but with superior features.
Dyson V7 – Mid-Range Dyson Stick 2-in-1 Vacuum
The Dyson V7 is a dynamic stick vacuum that can also be used as a handheld. It is an upgraded version of the V6 model with a battery run time of 30 minutes, lower yearly maintenance cost and better suction. If you desire an amazing stick vacuum with the capacity of a Dyson handheld vacuum, you should consider the Dyson V7.
What We Like
What we don’t like
Dyson V7 Total Clean vs Animal vs Motorhead vs HEPA
The Dyson V7 comes in four versions including Total Clean, Animal, Motorhead and HEPA. These four Dyson V7 models have the same motor, dustbin, cleaning power and battery.
However, there are slight differences in the accessories that accompany each sub-model. Also, they have different cleaning heads and filters which affect their operation.
The Dyson V7 total clean has a fluffy cleaning head which cannot be found in the other three sub-models. As regards the HEPA filtration system, you will only find this feature in the V7 Animal and V7 HEPA. The mini dusting brush, as well as the mini motorised brush roll, can only be found in the V7 total clean and V7 Animal.
Dyson V6 Cord-Free- Best Budget Cordless Vacuum
This is one of the earlier versions of the stick vacuum cleaners from Dyson. The Dyson V6 is an ideal product for you if you are running on a budget without compromising high performance.
What We Like
What’s Not So Good
Dyson V7 Trigger– Best Cordless Handheld Vacuum
If you have an upright vacuum or cylinder and you want a portable handheld vacuum, you should go for the Dyson V7 Trigger. It is a standalone handheld vacuum with great features for successful home cleaning.
What We Like
What’s Not So Good
Other Dyson Handheld Vacuums – V6 Trigger
The Dyson V6 Trigger is another handheld vacuum from the stable of Dyson. You will love its nice design with an ergonomic trigger-style handle. It is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and that is it performs to expectations at all times. It has a major nozzle which is thin and long so that hard-to-reach places can be easily cleaned.
Furthermore, you will find a combination accessory tool that is useful for brushes and crevices. A quick-release button is in place so that you can empty the bin without much stress. Its suction power can be increased if you want to do harder jobs and its battery charges to full capacity within three hours. It comes with a 2-year warranty which is ideal for such a product.
However, our big concern with this machine is its poor vacuuming performance when compared to other models. It’s suction power is not so encouraging while it has short battery runtime.
Dyson V6 Trigger vs V7 Trigger- The Differences
The Dyson V6 Trigger and V7 Trigger are powerful vacuums that have proved to be very useful. Since the V7 is an upgrade of the V6, there are some differences in the configuration and performance of the two models.
The V6 has a battery runtime of 20 minutes while the V7 has 30 minutes. Also, the V7 has a larger dust tank capacity at .15 gallons as against.11 gallons you will find in the V6.
The V7 is heavier at 3.8 pounds when compared to V6 that weighs 3.4 pounds. This can be attributed to the extra features in the V7 and this should not be a cause to worry.
Also, the accessories supplied with the two models and their connections are not the same. The V7 comes with a combination, crevice and mini motorised brush tools. The V6 only has the combination and crevice tools.
In addition, you will find the quick-release connector on the V7 and that is why it is very easy to connect and disconnect the cleaning tools from the vacuum. Even though both of them have almost similar cleaning power, the V7 seems to be stronger in terms of results. If you already have the V6, it is not a bad idea to upgrade to the V7.
Why Are Dyson Vacuum Cleaners So Popular?
Without mincing words, Dyson is one of the most successful brands when vacuum cleaners are being discussed. A lot of people prefer it to other brands and the reasons for the company’s success story are not far-fetched. We discussed some of them below.
Advanced Technology: The advanced cone-shaped cyclone technology is used to design the Dyson vacuum. It traps debris using high suction and converts them into tiny particles. These particles are then sent to the cylinders and are contained in the removable dust bin. As a result of this, you don’t need dust bags to store debris.
HEPA Filter: The HEPA filtration technology ensures that dust and dirt are prevented from the air. This filtration system is available with all Dyson products and the filter lasts for the whole lifetime of the machine. The filter ensures that you get extra clean air during and after vacuuming.
Related Post: Hepa filter vacuum
Powerful Motor: It is a common practice for Dyson to build powerful motors into all its vacuum cleaners. This goes a long way in ensuring that air is effectively sucked through its cyclone as well as filters. Also, the powerful motor does not lose its suction power until the end of any cleaning job.
Cleaning Deep Dirt And Hair: Dysons products are very effective for getting rid of deep dirt as well as hair from your carpet, upholstery and so on. If you are a pet lover and you desire a home free of pet hair, you may need to get a Dyson product. You now know why Dyson is very popular.
Useful Structure: Dyson vacuum cleaners are very popular because their body shapes are very attractive. They come with a long hose and wand so that you can easily clean your ceiling as well as high places around your home. What’s more, new features are being added every day so that customers cleaning experience will be improved.
Buying a Dyson Cordless- What’s the Cost?
Are Cordless Vacuum Cleaners any Good?
While they may not be as powerful as corded stick vacuums, cordless vacuum cleaners have come to stay in home maintenance. The fact that you will not be bothered with a wire is a plus and that is why a lot of people are going cordless. You will be enabled to clean in your own way without anything hindering your performance.
In times past, cordless vacuum cleaners were used as a substitute to corded models, particularly for cleaning occasional spills. In today’s world, the best cordless hoovers are now powerfully designed to handle the whole house. They are very easy to manoeuvre due to their lightweight and that is why you will always get the best result with them.
Your cleaning time will be reduced and you will clean with the highest level of efficiency. There is no limitation to your reach as there is no cord for you to battle with. You only need to put the machine on and move it to wherever you want for the most satisfactory cleanup.
How to Choose The Best Dyson Model
Getting the best Dyson model requires a lot of research and that is why this review is convenient. There are so many factors you need to consider before parting with your hard-earned money so that you will be able to achieve your desired outcome.
- Vacuum Type: It is essential for you to be specific about the vacuum type you want to purchase. Do you want a standalone product or one that can be used as a handheld and stick vacuum? You also need to consider the models available and their features so that you will be able to discover the perfect one that will handle your cleaning jobs successfully.
- Capacity: It is also important to consider the dust capacity of the vacuum you want to buy. A machine with a large dust capacity will enable you to clean for a longer period before going for an evacuation.
- Weight: Cordless vacuum cleaners usually weigh lesser than upright machines. As a result of this, you need to consider this when making a purchase. Also, the weight of each Dyson model is not the same. Hence, you should check the actual weight of the product you want to buy so that you will know if it is applicable to you.
- Runtime: Battery runtime is also very important because it determines how long you can work before going for a recharge. Some batteries run for 30 minutes, 40 minutes and even 60 minutes. It is essential to note that the higher the runtime of the battery, the better for you.
- Budget: Your budget will also determine the product to go for. Usually, refurbished products are cheaper than new ones but do not come with enough warranty. Also, old models are cheaper because new models usually force their prices down. If you can wait for new models to come out before making a purchase, you may be in for a better deal.
- Accessories: Don’t forget to check out the accessories that come with the machine you want to buy. Accessories like motorised brush roll, wand, wall mount, charger and so on, will determine the flexibility of the machine.
Multi-Floor, Animal, Absolute…What’s the Difference?
Majority of Dyson products have almost the same features with little differences. Dyson Multi-floor models are designed for use on both hard floors and carpets. They usually come with a floor head design that will enable you to clean multiple floors without much stress.
Dyson Animal models usually come with a tangle-free pet tool and that is why they are very effective for cleaning pet hair. They are also fortified with a HEPA filtration system so that the air in your home will be clean during and after vacuuming.
The Dyson Absolute models have superior features for the most satisfactory cleaning results. They usually have fluffy heads and mini motorised brush roll so that they can effectively tackle tough dirt.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much is a Dyson Cordless Hoover?
The price normally starts from £150 up to £600 depending on the model. Usually, old models are not as costly as new models. Also, you will pay less for a refurbished product when compared to a new one.
Are Dyson Cordless Vacuums Worth The Cost?
Dyson cordless vacuums have very effective in keeping the house neat & clean. Depending on the model you purchase, you are certainly going to get value for your money. We have tested a lot of products and got feedback from so many verified customers. Dyson products are very outstanding with trackable results.
Where To Buy Dyson Cordless Vacuum?
Dyson products are available at reputable online and offline stores worldwide such as Amazon.co.uk, Currys, Argos, Very.co.uk, Ebay etc. However, you need to carry out in-depth research before making a purchase. This will go along way in helping you to get the best product that will meet your expectations.
Does Dyson Remove Dust Mites?
Dyson products are designed with good suction power to get rid of all debris, including dust mites. You need to check the suction power of the product you want to buy so as to get the most satisfactory result.
Are Dyson Hoovers Good For Allergies?
Dyson hoovers are good for allergies. They come with a HEPA filtration system which ensures that you get clean air during and after vacuuming.
Are all Dyson Vacuums Cordless?
Dyson vacuums are available in both corded and cordless models. Majority of new models are cordless but you can still get a corded vacuum if you wish to do so.
Is Dyson Going To Stop Making Corded Vacuums?
Dyson has stopped the development of corded vacuums to put more concentration on cordless vacuums. However, this does not mean that the corded models will no longer be sold. If you are a fan of Dyson upright models, you can still go-ahead to get it.
How Long Do Dyson Vacuums Last?
This is highly dependent on how you maintain and use the machine. If you want the machine to last for years, you should read the user’s manual very well and make sure you follow all the instructions provided. This will go along way in making your machine to last longer.
Do Dyson Vacuums Lose Suction?
All Dyson products that we tested do not lose suction. Dyson is well-known for its products of high quality. If you purchase any of their models, you will certainly get high performance.
What is The Lifespan of a Dyson Battery?
Most original Dyson batteries can last for up to 8 years depending on the frequency at which you use your machine. It is also important for you to use, charge and clean the machine by the instruction on the user’s manual.
Are Cordless vacuums as powerful as corded?
Corded vacuums may be more powerful than cordless vacuums. However, advancement in technology has resulted in more powerful cordless vacuums that can conveniently compete with corded models.
Are Refurbished Dyson Vacuums Good?
A refurbished Dyson vacuum is as good as new but there can be few scratches and cosmetic defects that will not affect its performance. Also, you will not get enough warranty with a refurbished product. Usually, you will get a 6-month warranty in contrast to 2-year or 5-year warranty you will get with a new vacuum cleaner.
Dyson vs Shark vs Gtech
Dyson, Shark and Gtech are available across various vacuum types like sticks, uprights, handhelds, to mention a few. These three brands are trendy in the market and compare them so that you will be able to make the right choice for your home cleaning.
- Bagless Cleaning: The bagless technology of Dyson products makes them stand out among the rest. Most Dyson vacuums, including the V10 and V11, make use of bagless technology which eliminates the stress and cost involved in changing dust bags frequently after vacuuming.
- Dyson’s Hygienic Dirt Ejector: Another feature in Dyson products that you may not find in Gtech or Shark products is the hygienic dirt ejector. This feature ensures that dirt is eliminated from the machine without you touching it. It offers a cleaner way of vacuuming your home so that you will be able to achieve your set cleaning goals without compromising quality.
- Dust Capacity: The dust capacity of each brand is not the same, hence, you should check the dust capacity of the machine you want to buy. Newer Dyson models are designed with larger dust capacity so that your cleaning effort will be more efficient. This will enable you to cover more ground before thinking about an evacuation.
- Noise & Weight: Shark and Gtech are committed to producing noiseless vacuums but our test reveals that Dyson machines produce the least noise in operation. This has made them be user-friendly as you can use them while kids and pets are sleeping. We also compared the weights of the three brands and discovered that Dyson places a priority on lightweight designs. For example, Gtech AirRam weighs 3.5 kilograms, while Dyson V8 weighs 2.6 kilograms. Shark’s Navigator Freestyle weighs 3.4 kilograms.
- Design and Construction: The three brands are very committed to designing vacuum cleaners that will be easy to use. The Shark’s Navigator Freestyle has a handle that is very easy to use while the GTech’s AirRam has a collapsible handle. The Dyson V8 has a detachable handle and that is why its design is the most superior.
- Suction Power: The suction power of the Dyson vacuum cleaners comes out top among the three brands. They are designed in such a way that you get limitless power to get rid of undesirable debris from your home not minding the mode of operation. You can get the best cleaning job even if you set your machine at the standard model.
- Specialist Cleaning Accessories: The three brands offer the best vacuum cleaners for carpets and hard floors but Dyson comes with extra accessories that will enhance your work. Accessories like the soft roller head, wall mount, charger, motorized brush roll and so on accompany many of Dyson models so that the most efficient cleaning will be achieved.
- Battery Power and Charging: Dyson, GTech and Shark score very well in terms of battery power. A lot of Shark’s products we tested have an average of 50 minutes running time. Many Gtech vacuums have a long-running time. The Gtech’s AirRam cleaner makes use of a 22V lithium-ion battery with a runtime of 40 minutes. The Dyson V8 animal is energized by a Nickel Cobalt Aluminium battery giving it a 40-minute runtime.
Related Post: Best shark vacuum cleaner
Additional Dyson Attachments
- Dyson Home Cleaning Kit: The Dyson home cleaning kit consists of tools that are essential for getting rid of stubborn dirt as well as reaching places difficult to reach. These tools include stiff bristle brush, soft dusting brush, multi-angle brush, adaptor for older cord-free and cylinder models
- Dyson Groom Tool: The Dyson Groom Tool is an ideal product for grooming your dogs, whether medium- or long-haired. It brushes your dog hair and gets rid of loose hair right into the vacuum so that it doesn’t spread around your home. It is a quick and comfortable method of grooming your dog ensuring that allergens are removed at all times. Also, it ensures that dead skin cells are picked up with each brushstroke and eliminated so that they don’t spread in your home.
- Dyson Tangle Free Turbine: The Dyson tangle-free turbine tool comes with counter-rotating heads and brushes for removing hair from upholstery and carpets. You can also use it to get rid of stubborn hair from your bedding and drapes so that your home will stay clean always. It automatically adjusts on uneven surfaces such as upholstery covers and cushions. Its brushes are well positioned to the sides and front so that every dirt and hair in all directions will be captured. The double brush heads ensure that hair is directed to the centre of the device right into the suction pathway.
- Dyson Articulating Hard Floor Tool: No matter how hard your floor is, the Dyson Articulating Hard Floor Tool will handle it. It comes with a swiveling brush head that has a slim profile so that difficult areas will be reached. This tool also has soft nylon bristles which are very effective for removing allergens and dust. It works with all Dyson upright and cylinder vacuums but not including the Big Ball Animal cylinder and Big Ball Multi Floor cylinder.
Summary: What is the best Dyson cordless vacuum?
The best Dyson cordless vacuum is the one that meets your expectations. However, our top pick is the Dyson V10 because of its rich features discussed above.
We believe that this guide will help you to choose an ideal Dyson vacuum that will deliver your cleaning jobs effectively.
You can achieve great feats with your cleaning tasks by selecting the right vacuum cleaner that will make vacuuming a stroll in the park for you.