7 Best Commercial Vacuum Cleaners in UK 2019
Last Updated on
When you are trying to get the best commercial vacuum cleaner in the UK, you need to take various things into account to make a perfect choice.
There are multiple types of Vac but you need to choose an ideal one that will suit your needs.
Here are the 7 best commercial hoovers in the UK so that you will be appropriately guided to make the right purchase.
Best Commercial Vacuum Reviews
If you are involved in regular cleanings or you are into the vacuum cleaning business, you need a commercial vacuum cleaner.
It is more powerful and durable when compared to a home vacuum cleaner. It is designed to work for heavy use and will not wear out as quickly as a residential unit.
|Commercial Vacuum Cleaners||Weight||Power||Price|
|Numatic NRV 240-11||8.95 kg||580W|
|Sebo Automatic XP20||8.1kg||890w|
|Draper 13785||4.5 Kg||1250W|
|Vax VCC-15||5.5 kg||800W|
|Vax VCT01||8.6 Kg||1200W|
|Sebo Automatic XP10||7.8kg||-|
|Kärcher WD2||4.6 Kg||1000W|
Here are the best commercial vacuum cleaner reviews below:
1. Numatic Commercial Dry Vacuum
- Power: 580 watts
- Best for Carpet & Hard Floors
- Volume Capacity: 9 litres
- Noise Level: 76 dB
- Operating Radius: 12.5 metres
The Numatic NRV 240-11 Dry is our top pick as the best commercial vacuum cleaner that comes from one of UK’s top manufacturers.
It is a powerful machine with a 580-watt motor which conformity to current EU legislation.
It comes with a hitch-free cable rewind and storage system so that there will be convenient and capability balance. Its cable is 12.5m long and this makes it easier for you to clean many rooms without changing sockets. You will also be exposed to a large cleaning range of about 31.8 m.
You will love the machine’s four-wheel design, which makes mobility easier. Its 9-litre dust capacity allows you to work for a time before you discharge the dust. A self-seal tab ensures that the dust is locked in the bag. It works wonders in getting rid of dirt, dust and other rubbish from carpets as well as hard floors.
The Numatic commercial dry vacuum cleaner is a top-rated product that offers effective cleaning technology. It is made of plastic material with an annual energy consumption of 32.7 Kilowatt Hours. This will enable you to deploy it to the fullest without any hassle.
Also, this machine has a noise level of 76dB, which will reduce discomfort with its use. It also comes with a bumper for protecting walls and doors. If you want a product that delivers according to specifications, Numatic NRV 240-11 Dry Vacuum Cleaner is surely your best bet.
- The dynamic motor of 580 watts for perfect dry vacuuming.
- Bumper for door and wall protection.
- Convenience and capability balance with trouble-free cable rewind and onboard cable storage system.
- Constant plugging and unplugging are prevented with a 12.5m cable and a cleaning range of 31.8m.
2. Sebo Automatic XP20 Vacuum For Professional Use
- Power: 890 watts
- Best for All Floor Types
- Volume Capacity: 5.3 litres
- Noise Level: 80 dB
- Weight: 8.1 kg
The Sebo Commercial Automatic XP20 Vacuum Cleaner is an ideal product for commercial cleaning. With a dynamic motor of 890 watts, there is a guarantee of high performance always. The dust capacity is 5.3 litres, which allows you to be on top of the situation.
The machine weighs 8.1kg for easy and effective transportation. With a cable length of 12 metres, you will certainly have enough work radius to achieve your cleaning desire. This will boost efficiency and satisfaction after the cleaning process.
Also, Sebo Commercial Automatic XP20 Vacuum Cleaner comes with an innovative, anti-allergy, S-class filtration for optimum performance. It has a low hand weight which will enable you to have a smooth vacuuming. There is also the telescopic tube hose which is very useful for reaching difficult areas.
This vacuum cleaner is easy to maintain and you can replace the brush with ease. The brush can work perfectly on carpets and hard floors. The machine is specially designed to suction even the finest of dust no matter the level of its performance.
It is ideal for all types of cleaning work, either commercial or industrial. With a noise level of 8 dB, you will surely do your cleaning work in a stress-free environment.
- The powerful motor of 890 watts for superlative vacuuming.
- Computer control system for monitoring performance and adjusting brush height.
- The brush can be easily changed without the use of a tool.
- Cutting-edge anti-allergy S-class filtration for the most excellent result.
- Automatic brush set to match the setting of the floor.
3. Draper Wet & Dry Vacuum For Workshop & Garage
- Power: 1250 watts
- Best for Workshop & Garage
- Volume Capacity: 20 litres
- Operating Radius: 3.5 metres
This is another wet and dry vacuum cleaner that comes with a stainless steel tank. The Draper 13785 Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaner is produced to high standards of quality and top quality-control engineers control this. Offering excellent value for your money, ideal for workshop & garage use.
Draper is a household name in the UK with a track record of high-quality sales spanning about 90 years. This machine confirms to set quality and ethical standards so that you will be able to clean without much stress. With great innovative features, you may not be able to get a better deal elsewhere.
Draper 13785 Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaner comes with a 1250-watt motor so that effective cleaning can be guaranteed at all times. Its tank is made of stainless steel which makes the product to be long-lasting. The dust capacity is 20 litres, hence, you are assured of uninterrupted cleaning.
Its blower function makes it ideal for use in garages, workshops as well as DIY work in gardens and homes. This machine has a flexible hose of 1.5 metres with a handgrip as well as air control.
With a 3.5-metre cable, you will have access to a large operating radius. Other accessories include three extension tubes, crevice nozzle, floor brush, to mention a few.
- Stainless steel tank with a capacity of 20 litres with a blower function.
- 1.5-metre flexible hose with air control and handgrip for ease of use.
- British-approved plug with 3.5-metre cable for the most natural possible cleaning
- Can pick wet and dry materials.
4. Vax VCC-15 Extra Large Bagged Commercial Vacuum
- Power: 800 watts
- Volume Capacity: 15 litres
- Noise Level: 73 dB
- Weight: 5.5kg
The Vax VCC-15 Extra Large Commercial Bagged Vacuum Cleaner is an ideal product with a 15-litre dust capacity. It comes with a heavy-duty motor of 800 watts which is placed at the bottom of the vacuum cleaner. This will go a long way in reducing the centre of gravity and preventing the machine from toppling when you are using it.
Despite being a powerful machine, it has a lightweight, weighing just 5.5kg. It also features an innovative ‘HUSH’ mode which ensures that the noise level is reduced to 69 dB. This is achieved through the reduction of motor speed. As a result of this, it can be used in every commercial environment.
Also, its visibility cable is 12.5m long with a kettle connection and that is why you can change it easily. You can wrap the cable around the machine when not in use. Also, there is a parking slot at the rear for easy and quick storage of the cable.
It also comes with a lightweight design that ensures easy transportation while in or out of use. Its high suction makes cleaning of hard and soft surfaces a child’s play. You will love its essential accessories like a crevice tool, dusting brush, cloth dust bag, 2 stainless steel extension tubes, among others.
- 800-watt motor placed at the bottom of the machine to avoid toppling.
- Easy to transport due to its lightweight.
- Lightweight design and ability to suction at a high level both on hard floors as well as carpets.
- Innovative hush mode for the extreme quiet application.
5. Vax VCT01 Lightweight Commercial hoover
- Power: 1200 watts
- Volume Capacity: 9 litres
- Weight: 4.5kg
If you need a powerful & lightweight commercial vacuum cleaner that is made to last, the Vax VCT01 Commercial hoover is your perfect choice. With a motor of 1200 watts housed at the machine bottom, you will certainly have a seamless operation. Its centre of gravity is low and this will prevent it from stumbling when in use.
Furthermore, you will enjoy using this product because of its lightweight – it weighs just 4.5kg. The visibility cable is 10 metres long and plugs into the rear of the machine with the aid of a kettle connection. As a result of this, you don’t need an engineer when you want to replace it.
The cable of the machine can be wrapped around it with when not in use. You can also make use of the back parking slot for easy storage. The machine also has a dust capacity of 9 litres with the ability to contain a cloth bag or paper. Also, you will love its pre-motor and post-motor filter.
If you are a cleaning contractor, this product is the perfect machine for you. Apart from making your work easier, it will help you to deliver jobs of high quality at all times.
- The powerful motor of 1200 watts placed at the machine bottom to prevent toppling.
- Lightweight design weighing 4.5kg for ease of use.
- Can be connected to any Numatic machine accessories.
- Rear parking slot for cable so that storage can be more comfortable and faster.
- Pre and post-motor filter for effective vacuuming.
6. Sebo Automatic XP10 Commercial Upright Vacuum
- Volume Capacity: 5.3 litres
- Noise Level: 80 dB
- Weight: 7.8kg
The Sebo Automatic XP10 Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner offers automatic, easy and effective cleaning. It is packed full of features that will give you an edge when carrying out your cleaning. It is fortified with a strong motor for effective cleaning always.
The performance of the machine is monitored by a computer control system which also adjusts the height of the brush to the best floor setting. This will go a long way in ensuring that the best performance is achieved at times no matter the type of floor.
This amazing machine can also boast of cutting-edge, anti-allergy, S-class filtration. Its low hand weight will allow you to experience easy vacuuming. The inaccessible areas can be easily reached with the telescopic tube hose. Maintenance of the machine is a stroll in the park, hence, you can get back to vacuuming in no time.
Besides, the resistor of the rotary brush is measured by the sensor-controlled optimum performance setting. The brush can perform well on all surfaces, whether hard floor or carpet. When performing at its lowest level, a rubber lip at the back of the brush will be made airtight so that the fine dust will be easily suctioned.
You can easily clean difficult areas, including under furniture, due to their low-profile design. It is very easy to maintain the brush and if you want to change it, it is as easy as ABC.
- Powerful motor for ideal vacuuming.
- Computer control system for performance monitoring and adjustment of brush height.
- Guaranteed best performance on hard and smooth floors.
- Innovative anti-allergy S-class filtration for optimum result.
- Automatic brush setting to fit floor setting.
7. Kärcher WD2 Wet and Dry Bagless Commercial Vacuum
- Power: 1000 watts
- Volume Capacity: 12 litres
- Noise Level: 77 dB
- Operating Radius: 4 metres
If you are looking for a perfect commercial wet and dry hoover, you should consider the Kärcher WD2 Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner. It is an ideal product for carrying out tough jobs, like garage spills and dirt, with ease.
This amazing bagless machine has a lot of features that will make your cleaning job as easy as ABC. The carry handle is ergonomically designed so that you will be able to transport the machine without much difficulty. The onboard accessory and cable storage save space for effective use.
Furthermore, this bagless vac has a long handle to enhance a good working posture. With a powerful motor of 1000 watts, you will surely have a smooth ride getting rid of wet and dry dirt. The suction hose is 1.9m long with 35mm diameter and this will go a long way in ensuring that no debris is spared.
There is also a unique cartridge filter as well as a locking system that can be pulled and pushed easily. It is produced with a steel material which guarantees the durability of the product. The dust capacity is 12 litres which give you enough space for the debris.
With an operating radius of 4 metres, you can work without any hindrance. A noise level of 77 dB ensures that there is no distress while you are working. The package is full of necessary accessories that will help you in achieving your desired result.
- Long handle for enhancing working posture.
- The powerful motor of 1000 watts for flawless wet and dry vacuuming.
- Produced with the steel of high quality.
- Ergonomic carry handle for making transportation a child’s play.
- Pull and push the locking system with a smashing cartridge filter.
Why Buy A Commercial Vacuum?
A commercial vac is usually used to clean larger areas, and in most cases, it is used for commercial purposes. There are many advantages to using it, and some of them are discussed below.
- Strong suction: Since the power of most commercial vacs ranges from 1HP to 4HP, they tend to have strong suction. As a result of this, they are handy for cleaning massive carpet piles, particularly over significant stretches. This will lead to more effective cleaning and satisfactory results.
- Durability: When you use a residential vac regularly, it wears out quickly. This is not the case with a commercial vac. It is important to note that commercial-grade vacs are produced with components that can withstand constant use. They come with strong bolts, nuts, handles, wheels, enclosures, and so on. Also, they are fortified with frames, motors and brushes of high quality so that you can have access to a long-lasting machine.
- Larger capacity: Commercial vacuum cleaners are usually designed to handle extensive vacuuming at the least possible time. Hence, they typically come with filter bags of higher capacity so that you can vacuum for a more extended period without worrying about frequent emptying of the bag.
- Successful cleaning: Since the majority of these vacs came with high horsepower and produced with the latest technology, they tend to clean more effectively. Also, they tend to clean more area to produce satisfactory results at all times. You will also save a lot of time because of the cutting-edge technology that will be available to you.
- Adaptability: A lot of typical hoovers are not capable of handling some tough jobs, especially when the cleaning job is arduous. In that case, commercial hoovers are undoubtedly the best bet. They can be easily adapted to any cleaning situation, and the results are usually fantastic. They can pick up regular as well as stubborn dirt with ease.
What To Look For In a Commercial Hoover?
Getting the best commercial vac is not as easy as ABC. You need to put so many things into consideration so that you will be able to get it right. Here are some of the things you need to consider when shopping for a commercial vacuum cleaner.
HEPA Filtration: It is very important to check if the product of your choice makes use of HEPA filtration. The use of HEPA filtration in vacuum cleaners ensures cleaner air by containing dirt, dust and allergens during cleaning. This will go a long way in reducing common triggers of asthma and allergies.
Hard floor option: You need to be sure that the product you want to purchase can handle hard floors. It must be fortified with an ideal cleaning head that can effectively clean hard floors. This will help in eliminating inefficiency in cleaning tasks.
Height adjustment: The height adjustment type is essential when making a purchase. Some products require manual adjustment when switching from carpets to hard floors. On the other hand, you will find an automatic adjustment in some machines. An automatic adjustment will make changing more comfortable and saves time that would have been used on manual adjustment.
Roller brush type: You should also consider the type of roller brush in the machine you want to buy. There are motor-powered brushes, while others are suction-powered. Also, some products have on/off switched and there are power levels in some other products.
Hose diameter: You may wonder why the hose diameter is essential in a commercial vacuum cleaner. The higher the hose diameter, the bigger the size of the dirt that the machine will be able to trap. Usually, the hose diameter size is generally between 1 ¼” and 2″. The type of work that the machine will do goes a long way in determining the diameter to go for.
Cord length: It is also essential to consider the cord length of your would-be machine. You may have to work in a place with a wide area, and it will not be an ideal thing to be plugging and unplugging constantly. A perfect cord length will also prevent you from looking for a power source when cleaning a wide area.
On the other hand, if you don’t want to be bothered by a search for electrical outlets, especially in places where this can be difficult, a cordless machine may do the magic. There are many cordless vacs making use of a battery-rechargeable powering system.
Bag/canister capacity: You need to check the dirt capacity of the machine you are planning to buy. If you go one with a smaller size, you will need to go for dirt emptying often. This can lead to downtime as well as additional labour expenses. If you go for bagged vac with a small dirt capacity, you should be prepared for the frequent purchase of bags.
Noise level: If you are working in areas with a large number of people relaxing or working, such as hotels and offices, you need to consider the noise level of the machine you want to buy. You will not want to cause discomfort when cleaning; hence, a machine with a low noise level is a plus.
Commercial Vacuum Vs Industrial Vacuum
The method of deployment goes a long way to determine the difference between a commercial and industrial vacuum. If you will be cleaning homes, offices and hotels, a commercial vac is your ideal product.
On the other hand, if you will be cleaning places with tough dirt like factories, construction sites, among others, you need an industrial machine. Now let us compare the two vacuum types so that you will be able to see the difference.
They usually resemble your usual household vacuum but the material used in producing them makes the difference. Some are produced with metal casing while others made with high-grade plastic.
In addition, commercial vacuums don’t usually come with too many accessories so that they don’t get lost when being moved from one place to another. They are typically fitted with long cords so that a large operating radius will be achieved.
Commercial vacs also come with a magnetic bar which reduces the number of metallic materials being suctioned. The magnet will be a strong one so that the best outcome will be achieved. An air filtration system is also a major feature of this type of vacuum.
Industrial vacuums are usually built with a heavy metallic material. The units are so significant with the capacity of sucking heavy dirt. In most cases, one person cannot move them due to their weight, and some of them cannot be lifted at all except with a crane.
They are typically used for cleaning areas with tough work like getting rid of sticks, concrete, toxic waste, asbestos, large spills, and so on. Their motors are usually stronger than their commercial counterpart, but noise is a significant issue with them.
However, to reduce the noise, industrial vacuum mufflers can be used. As expected, industrial vacs are more expensive than commercial vacs.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Long Do Commercial Vacuums Last?
This is highly dependent on your maintenance ability as well as other factors. There are lots of durable products in the market with different specifications. The level of use, maintenance culture, brand, price, among others, will determine the longevity of your machine.
2. What Vacuums Do Professional Cleaners Use?
A lot of professional cleaners make use of commercial vacuum cleaners. This is the only way they can run a profitable business and deliver jobs of high quality. Commercial vacs are specially designed to carry out cleaning jobs with ease and bring good results.
3. Can a Wet/Dry Vac Pick Up Leaves?
You need to check the hose diameter of the vac. If it is large enough, there is every possibility that it will be able to pick up leaves. You should confirm the specifications of the product you want to purchase before making a final decision.
The commercial hoover reviews above will go a long way in assisting you to get the best commercial vacuum cleaner in the UK.
It is advisable to go through this piece properly so that you will be able to make a perfect choice. The success of your cleaning job is largely dependent on the quality of the machine you are going to use.